Dadra and Nagar Haveli Tourist Places
|About Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Another remarkable Union Territory of India is Dadra and Nagar Haveli (DNH). Dense forest cover, wildlife, picturesque landscapes, gardens, museum, churches are major tourist appellants here. Silvassa is the Capital of DNH|
|Places to visit in Dadra and Nagar Haveli||
Tourist Attractions in Silvassa
1. Mini Zoo and Bal Udhyan – A zoo with garden and rides for kids is what you call a perfect day out for the kids. A child couldn’t ask for more. The animals at zoo will fascinate not only the kids but also the adults.
2. Vandhara Udhyan – Located on the banks of river, this verdant garden is a perfect picnic place.
3. Island Garden (Vanganga Garden ) – This beautiful garden will look very familiar to you. Blame it on Bollywood. Each and very part of this amazing garden has been very well utilised by Bollywood for shooting.
4. Tribal Cultural Museum – DNH is a tribal area. Tribal Museum is a host of a variety of tribal people’s things like their weapons, musical instruments, clothes, vessels, ornaments, fishing and hunting gadgets and other artifacts. A great place to witness the tribal culture and life.
5. Kauncha – Kauncha approx 40 kms from Silvassa is a sheer bliss for trekkers. The joy of camping on the banks of Madhuban Dam cannot be described. You can also enjoy various water activities like canoe, kayak, boating, etc.
6. Hirva Van Garden – Pipriya Garden – The garden has been named after tribal diety ‘Hirva’ – the Goddess of Green. The sight of various water forms like waterfall, spring streams, rivulet merging into a water body is awesome. Further the greenery, children play area, walking path, benches also are very attractive.
7. Tapovan Tourist Complex, Bindrabin – Famous Lord Shiva Temple is located at Bindrabin. To provide amenities to devotees of Shiva Temple, Department has taken the initiative to provide facilities like cottages, restaurant, amusement park and garden and named it as Tapovan Tourist Complex. All these amenities makes this place a good option for weekend.
8. Church of Our Lady of Piety – Both interiors and exteriors of this church are the proof of excellency in architecture and art work. The church is flocked by tourists and devotees all year around.
9. Vanganga Lake Garden – One more garden with solid picturesque views. Japanese style bridges add charm to the beauty of the garden. This garden is also popular for shooting in Bollywood.
Tourist Attractions Around Silvassa
1. Dudhni – A newly developed tourist retreat destination is Dudhni. It enjoys large water front of river Damanganga. Water sports such as jet skies, speed boat and shikaras add to the fun element.
2. Khanvel – Surrounded by green hills, Khanvel is a place to relax and get in touch with Mother nature. Grand resorts decor the region along with dense forest covers.
3. Luhari – It doesn’t matter whether you are on a trip to relax or for adventure, being at Luhari is good for all. With excellent resorts for to relax and camp and trekking for adventure lovers, Luhari is becoming a popular tourist hub.
4. Satmalia – Satmalia is located between Silvassa and Khanvel. This place is famous for the Deer Park which is a home to a variety of deers and birds. The greenery and scenic views of the park are stunning.
5. Vasona – Situated near Silvassa, Vasona must be visited for a wonderful experience to watch the king of animals – ‘Lion’ in special vehicles in his natural habitat. The ride in the Wildlife Park is very thrilling.
|Best season to visit||Through out the year.|
|Hotels & Accommodation|
|Connectivity||Railway Station: Vapi, Surat
Airport: Surat, Mumbai
|Tour Planner / Guide|
|Special Notes||Gujarat is a dry State. However Dadra and Nagar Haveli being a Union Territory, the dry State restrictions on liquor do not apply here. People from Gujarat and Maharashtra visit Dadra and Nagar Haveli over weekends to enjoy liquor. While planning your trip to Dadra and Nagar Haveli consider that weekends here can be crowded.|